Everything You Need To Know About Kids Food Allergies
It is very common for some kids to develop food allergies. Due to their age or any other reason, the child may be sensitive to specific food items. Food allergies are abnormal effects of the body to certain food. Therefore, parents do not have to panic over this issue. With the proper insight, you can know the reason for the food allergy. Let us see complete information about the causes and reasons of kids food allergies.
The most common causes of food allergies
- Many kids are allergic to some common food items. This can happen to an infant who stopped breast milk and has just started eating solid foods.
- The food allergy can cause itching, breathing troubles, stomach ache, vomit or diarrhoea. These are the common symptoms of food allergy in kids.
- Many kids food allergiesare due to the food items such as wheat, eggs, milk, peanut, shellfish, soy and nuts.
- Low immunity can also cause food allergies for kids. Sometimes many get confused between food intolerance and allergies. However, a food allergy can affect the immunity of the kid.
The important tips to manage food allergies
There is no cure for food allergies. The best way to manage it is to avoid it. With vigilance and care, the kids can easily manage their food allergies. Now let us see the routine or tips to follow.
- Remember to read the labels. After identifying what food item is causing allergies in your kid, you can manage this issue easily. Today, all the food items come with proper ingredient labels and instructions. It is important to read the food label before giving your kid. Check whether the food item contains the allergic ingredient. If your kid is allergic to wheat, milk or nuts, then do not offer them these food items.
- Be careful when cooking. Sometimes, you may mistakenly add any ingredient while cooking that is allergic to your kid. So, always be alert when cooking the food for your kid. Also, it is best to cook food in different utensils for the kid. This way, you can have the assurance that the kid is not consuming the allergic food.
- Dining with food allergy When dining out give special instructions to the chef about the food allergies of your kid. Many restaurants carry a card to note down the food allergies of the individuals. If you are dining out in a fast-food restaurant, then read the food label.
- Make a list If your kid has food allergies, and then first make a list of the food items. Also, it is best to note down the scenarios that can lead to food allergies. Many times, children may excitingly eat any food item without noticing it. For example, a kid with a nut allergy can unknowingly eat a bar of nut chocolate. You can always handover a list or wear them a bracelet that contains information about the allergy.
- Always carry medicine. Food allergies can cause serious symptoms for children. When going out always carry two doses of the prescribed medicine. Planning and being prepared can help you to take care of the kid’s allergies. Remember to always have antihistamines or prescribed medicine before going out.
As a parent, you can take care of your kid’s food allergies by following the above mentioned important tips. With proper care and planning, you can help your children to manage this issue.