A Guide to Residential Re-Roofing
A “roof” is the process of putting on a new roof over an existing house or building. This is often done when the roof is too damaged or unsuitable for renovation. Many homeowners find the hardest part of a project for residential roofing little rock ar is choosing from the many materials available. Here are some factors to help narrow down the options and make it easier for homeowners to decide.
- Roof pitch
Is It Time to Repair a Roof?
A personal inspection can be done to determine if it is time to replace the roof. The following signs are indicative of roof damage that may indicate that it is time to hire contractors:
- You are missing shingles
- Loose shingles
- Loose flashing
- Seals around roof vents can be damaged
When Is It Time to Replace a Roof?
- These warning signs could indicate that you might need a new roof.
- There are “bald spots” on your roof.
- Water is leaking into your home.
- Most shingles have cracked or are brittle, and are about to crack.
You can also determine the life expectancy of your current roof to help you decide when it is time to replace it.
- Asphalt shingles are more than 20 years old.
- Wood shingles have been around for more than 25 years.
- For more than 100 years, slate shingles have been around.
- The tile roof has been around for more than 45 years.
How to Replace a Roof
If you understand the process better, you will feel more comfortable with a re-roofing job.
These are the steps for any roof repair job.
- Remove the old roof
- If necessary, repairs to the roof deck
- Protective features should be installed
- Install the new roof
- Install flashing
Let Our Team Do the Job
It is important to have a solid roof, both before and after hurricane season. Don’t let the weather get you down. Our skilled team has a lot of experience and can handle any type of roofing job. We will assess your situation and make sure you feel at ease.
This post was written by a roofing specialist at All-Star Roofing. We offer the best roof repair in Tampa Bay FL. We are a family-owned and operated Clearwater roofing business, and we strive to be the best in our industry. Our family has been in the Tampa Bay area for over 60 years, and our objective has always been to provide roofing services at a fast, reliable, and competitive rate. All-Star has a tradition of quality workmanship, servicing residential and commercial properties.