What Is Microgreen And Its Benefits
A microgreen is the young shoots of vegetable plants and herbs. Little greens are grown in specially created conditions. Sprouts contain an increased amount of nutrients, vitamins, minerals, amino acids, etc. This is explained by the fact that they are only at the start of their development and use the seed’s nutrient supply to the maximum. Eating microgreens in food saturates us with vitamins, gives us energy, and cleanse the body.
Sometimes microgreens are confused with seedlings, which are also popular. But in fact, these are technically different phases of plant development. Sprouts are only sprouted seeds
There are a considerable number of varieties of microgreens. You can grow almost any type of vegetables, salads, herbs, cereals, and legumes with the help of bug control. Let’s talk about the most popular ones.
Types of Microgreens
- Cilantro (coriander). Has a pronounced specific spicy taste and aroma. It contains a lot of vitamins, trace elements P, K, etc. Cilantro is useful for the cardiovascular system.
- Its greens have a slightly bitter taste, ideal for meat and fish dishes. It has a high content of ascorbic acid, flavonoids, strengthens the immune system.
- It goes well with salads and main courses. It contains many vitamins, trace elements, a tonic effect, a positive impact on digestion, and strengthening the immune system.
- Has a pungent, piquant taste, goes well with meat dishes and salads. Radish microgreen contains many minerals, trace elements, vitamins. It has a decongestant effect, improves digestion.
- Chives bow. Ideal for snacks. The microgreens of this onion are thin blades of grass with a pronounced but mild onion taste and aroma. Has the ability to destroy bacteria, cleanse the intestines.
- It has a pleasant aroma and sweetish taste, suitable for salads, meat dishes, soups. This microgreen contains high-quality proteins, fats, lecithin, vitamin A. It stabilizes the acid-base balance, strengthens the nervous system, and slows down the aging process.
- Differs in fresh aroma, crunchy structure, and sweetish taste. Emphasizes sweet and salty flavors, suitable for salads (including fruit), sandwiches. It is rich in protein, vitamins A, B, C, E, phosphorus, fiber.
- Red cabbage. Differs in the high content of carotene, ascorbic acid. Tones up strengthen the immune system,
In order to grow these microgreens effectively, you need help with pest control, to avoid damage.